UTG Defender Weapon and Handheld Tactical Flashlight Review
If you are weapons enthusiasts, you must know the UTG Defender Handheld Tactical flashlight – a particularly favored accessory. With 126 lumen bright emitted from its Xenon bulb that would be switched between permanent power on mode and a flicker mode. If it mounted on a weapon, it can be operated via a toggle switch accessible.
There are many user reviews on this flashlight with some issues with units reporting. Some people said about remote switching when mounting the torch on specific weapons. But trust me, this flashlight is a good choice, it gets a good 4.2 / 5.0 rating and is a good buy.
This flashlight is extremely bright, rock solid design with no rattles or looseness. I did have to exchange the tactical slide-on mount for a new one that actually fit and tightened around the light case (reason for not giving it 5 stars) But once that was fixed, it fits like a glove on my gun! LOVE IT!!! Amazing product for the inexpensive price!! Other $200-$300 lights I have tested aren’t even this bright!
In-depth Review Of UTG Defender Series Weapon and Handheld Tactical Xenon Flashlight
Top 5 Main Features
- Comes with 26 mm Xenon IRB Bulb
- It needs to be tweaked with shotguns to be mounted on light recoil or AR weapons
- 3 power function with remote pressure switch
- Flashlight focus is pre-set
- Equipped with a slide on Tactical Style Ring
- Size: 5.22 inches (length) 1 inch (diameter)
- Weight: 5.6 ounces with battery, shipping weight is 11.2 ounces
- Battery Type: 2 pieces 3 volt Lithium battery (included); battery lifespan is 70 minutes
- Power/Lumens: 126
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Mounting: a Picatinny/Weaver rail
Using the Xenon bulb, the UTG Defender Handheld Tactical flashlight will be a good weapons mounted light that you should consider. The output of its lumens is 126. The push button becomes its main features because of the quick switching function and a permanent twist-on switch. So, it allows you to use flicker mode with a quick switch that serves as a signal to someone from the far distance.
UTG Defender is developed from Leapers that has offices in Michigan. Since 1991, they starting selling outdoor equipment and supplies business. In 2009, they started a campaign to manufacture and sell products Made in the USA and this is the UTG Pro brand.
Different highlights of this model is a remote weight switch, a strategic electric lamp ring, mounting on a Picatinny/Weaver rail, a length of 5.22 inches which meets expectations perfectly for hand-held applications also, and 2 lithium batteries.
As indicated by existing client audits, the electric lamp is well made albeit some consideration ought to be taken when utilizing it. It can’t be hurled aside or dropped without causing harms. It is additionally not the best for open-air use in light of the fact that it has a lumen greatest yield of 126. In any case, if the light is utilized inside, the shaft can be blinding.
This spotlight obliges two batteries (sort 123) which can be found in your neighborhood Target or Amazon.
- Great for the price
- Good light output
- Good mounting – able to tighten light without fear of stripping screws.
- Built solid. Handles recoil
- Fits great on my gun and for the Price you can’t beat it
- Bright enough to leave retina burn
- It comes with everything you need to use this including a pressure switch
- A little fatter and shorter than a mini-MAG light
- Mounts very easily and solidly
- The light is really bright
- It is very durable and sturdy
- It doesn’t rattle or shift; the pressure switch works well.
- As for any xenon lithium light, though the batteries do not last all that long, maybe 4 hours of continuous use
- The other thing that wasn’t all that great is the Velcro supplied to secure the pressure switch to the grip.
- The end cap does not screw down because the remote pressure switch assembly seems too long.
- The bulb is very bright similar to that of a well-charged mag light, however, compared to all the super bright led flashlight that are out there nowadays it not that bright.
Ultimate Weapon Mount Tactical Flashlight Comparison
In the flashlight guide below, you will get about 30 weapon mountable flashlights for comparison. All of them are typically used in the military, law enforcement, and sport use.
And there are 9 columns are included in the weapon mount flashlight guide:
- Flashlight Pictures
- Flashlight Brand and Name/Model – (click to view more details or to purchase)
- Bulb Type – LED, Xenon or halogen
- Lumens – brightness rating (can vary between manufacturers)
- Length – overall flashlight length
- Unique Features – noteworthy features
- Price – The approximate prices on Amazon.com. These change frequently based on availability, special promotions, and more. But generally speaking: $ = under $10, $$ = $10 to $20 to $30, $$$ = $30 to $40, $$$$ = $40 to $60, $$$$$ = $60 and up
- Rating – The average user rating on Amazon.com. This can be very helpful in deciding if people are satisfied with their purchase
- Battery Type – indicates model and number of required batteries (included or not)
We hope this comparison chart will give you the helpful information, then you can decide which is the best weapon mount flashlight!
|UTG Defender Series Weapon and Handheld Tactical||Xenon||126||5.22″||Pressure switch-Picatinny/Weaver rails||$$$||4.2||2 x CR123A (included)|
|NcStar Pistol and Rifle Quick Release Weaver||LED||35||2.9″||Quick release for Weaver-style rails||$$||4.3||1 x CR123A|
|Nebo 5569 ProTec Elite HP190||LED||190||3.3″||High power CREE Q5 LED bulb||$$$||4||1 x CR123A (included)|
|UTG 2-in-1 with Red Laser||LED||150||5″||Red laser-fits most tactical firearms with or without rails-pressure switch||$$$$||4.1||2 x CR123A (included)|
|AIM Sports Tactical For Compact Pistols||LED||150||2.6″||Fits Beretta PX4 M9A1 Glock 19 23 25 SR9 XD Compact Taurus 24/7 SIG P250 S&W SW99||$$$||4.1||CR2|
|UTG Deluxe Tactical Flashlight||Xenon||95||4.8″||Integral mounting deck-Pressure switch included||$$||3.8||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Nebo Protec with Pressure Switch for Shotguns||LED||14.4||4.3″||Self locking adjustable mount-pressure switch-fits most 12 to 20 guage shotguns||$$||3.3||3 x AAA|
|Streamlight 69240 TLR-4 Compact with Laser Sight||LED||110||2.73″||640-660nm red laser||$$$$||4.6||1 x CR2|
|Aim Sports Compact with Mount/Pressure Switch||LED||90||4″||Built-in Weaver style mount-pressure switch||$$||3.7||1 x CR123A (included)|
|NcStar Pistol and Rifle Led Flashlight||LED||35||3.3″||Weaver ring style mount||$$||3.7||CR123A (included)|
|GRG FLP220 for Law Enforcement||LED||220||45 degree angle mount Picatinny-pressure switch||$$$$||4.4||2 x CR123A (included)|
|PowerTac Warrior WP Weapon Kit||LED||650||6″||Pressure switch-Kydex holster-offset weapon mount||$$$$||4.8||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Streamlight TLR-2S with Laser sight||LED||160||3.3″||Laser sight-Mounts to Glock-style and Picatinny rails||$$$$$||4.6||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Nebo 5630 Protec Redline||LED||220||4.5″||Mounts on vented or plain barrel shotguns-magnetic base||$$$||4.1||3 x AAA (included)|
|UTG New Gen Weapon and Handheld Tactical Xenon Flashlight||Xenon||95||3″||Presure switch-easy mount on Picatinny/Weaver rails||$$$||3.5||2 x CR123A|
|UTAC® RAS RIS Rail Mounted Tactical Flashlight with Laser||LED||200||3.5″||Laser combo-coiled remote pressure switch||$$$$||3.5||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Streamlight 69210 TLR-1s with Rail Locating Keys||LED||160||3.3″||Includes keys for Glock, Picatinny, Beretta 90 two, S and W 99 and S and W TSW rails||$$$$$||4.8||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Streamlight 69215 TLR-1s High Powered STD Rail Mounted Tactical Light with Rail Locating Keys||LED||200||4.8″||Mounts directly to all MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails and weapons with Glock-style rails||$$$$$||4.8||2 x CR123A (included)|
|AIM Sports Compact Pistol Flashlight||LED||150||2.5″||Fits All Pistols With Weaver or Picatinny Rails||$$$||4.6||1 x CR2|
|Streamlight 69110 TLR-1||LED||300||3.3″||Includes rail locating keys for Glock style, 1913 Picatinny, S&W 99/TSW, and Beretta 90||$$$$||4.8||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Streamlight 69220 TLR-3||LED||90||3.1″||One h and ed snap-on and tighten interface||$$$$||4.5||1 x CR2|
|Monstrum F22MC Tactical LED Flashlight with Strobe||LED||200||5.4″||Detachable remote pressure switch-Picatinny or Weaver rail mount||$$$||5||2 x CR123A (included)|
|NcStar Tactical Flashlight and Red Laser Sight||LED||120||3.3″||Fully adjustable 5 mW red laser||$$$$||3.9||2 x CR123A (included)|
|Hilight Pistol LED Strobe Flashlight||LED||250||2.5″||Quick detachable weaver mount fits most 4″ to 5″ barrel handguns with rails||$$$||4.2||1 x CR123A (included)|
|Aim Sports Flashlight with Qrl Color Filtered Lenses||LED||150||3.25″||QRM Color Filtered Lenses-Quick release mount||$$$||4.3||CR2|
Should You Buy It?
I just received this product, and so far I am pretty happy. It has a solid construction, feels very durable, and is very, very bright. The clamp came with fit perfectly on my quad rails and is snug on the gun. For the money, I feel this is a decent value. The only reason I will not give it 5 stars, is that the pressure switch has to replace the tap on switch, and the pressure pad is too thick to slide the side cover on the foregrip back on. But, I would still recommend this light!
Overall I am very happy with the light. It looks great on the magazine tube of 12Ga HD shotgun, gives it a bit of mean look. The light itself is very bright and doesn’t add too much weight to the front of the gun. The only problem I had was that the end cap switch and pressure switch both would not stay in contact to keep the light on. I was able to fix the problem with a small o-ring between the switch and the inside of the end cap, problem solved. Overall I would recommend this light for the price.